7.23.2012

Preschool Prep Week 8: Beaches

I can't wait for our beach vacation! Mr. B's parents and sister's family are going with us, it'll be a great time. Here's a slice of the beach to keep the excitement up:
Activity: Cloud Sand Mix 8 Cups of Flour with 1 cup of baby oil. source

:Moon Sand 
Science: Sea shells 

One of my favorite things to do on the beach is look for shells.I have some from our last beach vacation. I want to talk about where the shells come from who lives in shells, and how long they can last. 
Food Activity: Brown Sugar cupcakes Here are the directions for the picture below. 
More Summer Cupcakes: Marzipan Starfish with Graham Cracker Sand Recipe
In her directions she uses ground graham crackers. I've seen Buddy from Cake Boss use brown sugar as sand as well. 
Field Trip: ours will actually be the beach when it's time to go :)

Books
               

Photobucket

No comments: