11.04.2011

NY, NY

Mr. B and I have never been to New York. We love to visit big cities, and felt as though we were missing one of the best. Of course I mean New York City. So Before Mr. B turned 30 we made it a goal to go. Well his birthday was on the 25th of October, so we scheduled a trip on the 18th. Whew, just made it. Here's what we saw:

Carlos Bakery, home of the Cake Boss.

We stayed in the Finacial District (yep, saw the protesters-so odd!).

9/11 Memorial.

Rode the Subway a TON. Buy a Metro pass if you go, so worth it, and get a hold of a good subway map.

Times Square



The Metropolitan Museum of Art


So much larger inside than I imagined.


Just some really neat architecture.

Finally rode in a cabby, though we never saw the cash cab, darn!

Cenral Park
we walked through in on a rainy day, and then rode tandum bikes the following day. So touristy, so worth it!



I loved this home. Made me feel like I was in the middle of a movie or something. You've Got Mail anyone?


Oh the skyline. These were taken in Brooklyn.

Walked across the Brooklyn Bridge.
Appeared on NBC's the TODAY show, and were interviewed for the CBS Morning show. Hi Lenny!



(view on TV, thanks sis for the pic! Sorry dad for waking you up at 6:30 to DVR it!)


 Trump Hotel
We ate at Lombardi's: oldest brick oven pizzeria in America. Rosa Mexicana: such good fresh authentic Mexican food, Famous Dave's Barbecue, some hole in the wall hippy joint near NYU that I'll never eat at again. A fry hole in the wall with mango dipping sauce. Seriously all they sell are fries and sauce. So worth it. Rice to Riches, worth it just to read the quotes on the wall, and of course cart food. Which I have to say I ate the best cinnamon roll (Larger than my head) that I've ever had before. Oh. My. And we saw STOMP off Broadway.
Best advice: grab a friend or two that have been to the city before and ask where you should go. This worked out really well for us! Thanks Mr. and Mrs. L

Of course none of this would have been possible without the LAST MINUTE rescue to watch our kids for 4 nights from my parents, and our sisters. You guys are the best, and I hope you all know how extremely grateful we were to have your help. Knowing our girls were safe, and comfortable made the trip that much better. We packed a lot in in 4 days and it was amazing. 

Photobucket

1 comment:

realmaplesyrup said...

looks so real in your pics! so glad you went!!! Ive always wanted to see the rockefeller center at Christmas time. Chicago is so neat during the holidays so I can only imagine when NY is like...