9.14.2011

Banana Shakes

We buy bananas like we'll never have the chance again occasionally. When they start to get a little past their date I like to throw them into the freezer for later use. Feeling the need for something sweet, without over doing it, I saw a recipe for a Banana Shake and thought I'd give it a try.

Ingredients:
2 TBSP Cocoa
2 Tablespoons Peanut Butter
1 cup milk (I used Coconut for a dairy free version)
2 Bananas
(Makes enough for 3 Large glasses)
All I did was throw them into a food processor-I don't own a blender and after making these I wish I did. It would have been so much easier. It wasn't really cold enough either even though my bananas were frozen, so I through in a handful of ice cubes. I let it rip for about 5 minutes.

Pour into glasses and enjoy. 

Grade C+ it wasn't the worst shake I've ever had, but it wasn't that great either. Just kinda blah. I could see using this with whole milk and it would be packed with protein. In all it was just okay. Not really worth the wreckage, but satisfied the sweet tooth.


Photobucket
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Katie said...

maybe with a little vanilla ice cream! :)