4.27.2011

WTKW-Homemade Granola Cereal


I wanted to make my own granola cereal, so I looked up a few recipes and found THIS ONE, that seemed to suit my taste the best. Basically you have your base ingredients of oats and nuts, then you add a syrup to it, and extras. Pretty simple.
In my batch I made it with:
Old Fashioned Oats
Flax seed
Wheat Bran (couldn't find wheat germ, so I substituted)
Sunflower seeds
Walnuts
Almonds
Raisins
Dates
Brown sugar
Pure Maple Syrup
salt
Canola Oil (any flavorless oil works best)
and water.
Here are my oats, nuts, salt, wheat bran and flax seed:

Then I simmered the syrup mixture of oil, water, brown sugar and maple syrup.

Pour over the dry ingredients and mix well.

Dump it into a pyrex pan and bake at 275 for 30 minutes

Add your fruit and bake for an additional 15.

When it's done baking, eat it hot or cold. Perfection in a bowl.

Store in an air tight container.
Grade: A+ it was amazing. Much easier than I expected! My husband loved it, and he is wasn't even a granola fan. Although he does prefer it in bar form. So I made him a few of these

Using THIS recipe.

The author of the granola cereal also has a GRAIN FREE recipe if you are interested.

Photobucket

4 comments:

Panoramic View said...

Would you suggest any amounts?

tidbits said...

I followed the recipe exactly until I got to the dried fruit. I like fruit in my cereal so I added close to double. Click on the green link "THIS ONE" for more details on amounts.

Mom to 5 Boys said...

I love making granola! I haven't used that recipe before, but it's pretty similar to the one I use. I can tell you that it doesn't last long in my house! Mainly due to me. LOL!

Shalise said...

Dying to make this. (I had the chance to sample the author's granola in parfait form with fresh berries and vanilla yogurt-TO DIE FOR!