2.18.2011

Tooth Fairy Bags


My niece asked me to make her a tooth fairy bag for her lose tooth. I used THIS tutorial, and it was so easy. If you buy sheets of felt at the craft store, they typically come in 8.5  x 11 inches. I used the long side and it was the perfect length, so my bag was 11 x 4, and I just free handed the tooth. I hardly ever use patterns, it's just the way I like to craft. Then I used embroidery thread I had on hand. The tooth is sewn into place around the sides and bottom, leaving the opening at the top for the tooth. The bag is a draw string to hold the money from the tooth fairy. Luckily I sent the bag and it arrived the same day her tooth fell out! I made an extra just in case- hence the green one. Know anyone with a lose tooth?

Use similar color thread to make it "invisable"

Or use a contrasting color to make it fun. My niece asked for a purple and green bag, so that's what I came up with. Now here comes the fun part: collecting the money!

Photobucket

No comments: