1.12.2011

Wreck the Kitchen Wednesday

I'm starting a new segment called "Wreck the Kitchen Wednesday". Why Wednesday? It's my deep clean the floors day-so why not? I can teach my daughter how to cook, not get uptight about messes, and let her explore to her hearts content. My kind of activity. Here's what we made today, and why.

I have a daughter with a ton of allergies. Poor girl can can't have dairy or eggs. Finding baked goods without either ingredient (and without substitutes for those ingredients) are hard to find. I came across this recipe and now it's become one of our favorites. It's vegan friendly AND doesn't weird out my father-in-law. Perfect. I also love making things with my daughter and this is one that she can lick her fingers as much as she wants with no worries from mom! What you'll need

Ingredients:
3 very ripe bananas (I use frozen bananas that didn't get eaten in time, and then nuke them in the micro for 3 min.)
1 cup sugar
1/2 cup oil
2 cups flour
1 tsp. salt
1tsp baking soda
 bake at 360 degrees for 25 min.
makes 12 muffins

Line cupcake pan with liners.
Because the bananas were formally frozen and then thawed-they literally slide. right. out.
Cream together the bananas, sugar, and oil
In a separate bowl, combine remaining ingredients, then add to the wet ingredients.
Fill cupcake liners about 2/3 of the way full
(let your kids play in the mess while baking...)
Pull after 25 min or golden brown. I baked these for exactly 25, but probably could have pulled them a little sooner.
Eat, and enjoy!

Thanks for stopping!
Photobucket

2 comments:

The Katzbox said...

Those were the cutest, chubster hands ever....wee tee tiny cooking hands...awwwwwwwww

J & M Squared said...

You have to be the best mom EVER!