1.11.2011

Bow Board

Do you have hair bows that are getting out of control? I did, so I needed a way to organize them. Here's what I made, and how to make your own.

What you'll need:
1 quarter flat of fabric
1 piece of heavy duty cardboard ( I used a canvas for painting)
sewing matching
ribbon
nails for hanging
glue

First lay the board down and lay your quarter piece of fabric on top. Roll out the ribbon (I chose a diagonal pattern) and lay the ribbon over the fabric and cut close to the edges.

Pin the ribbon in place around the edges of the board.  Make sure your pins are wider than the board, as to hide the seem.



Sew around securing the ribbon. If you want your fabric to adhere to the cardboard using spray adhesive might be useful.


*I used a contrasting color of thread so you can see. It's hidden behind, so it really doesn't matter either way.
Wrap the fabric around your board glue in place.
Using small nails gently pull back the ribbon (if it's covering a corner) and nail into place on your wall.

Attach your bows, and you're done!

Now you can see all of your options without digging through a huge pile and avoiding a big mess.

Oh and happy 1/11/11 everyone!
Photobucket

1 comment:

Ashlie Grow said...

So cute! If I ever have a girl I'll make one of these for sure! :-)