5.24.2010

Portion Sizes

When Mr. B and I got married the one thing we forgot was something to cut the cake with. Should have had that checklist! It was fine to use just what the church had in the kitchen, because honestly, what was I going to do with an ornate cake cutter after the wedding? I am a pretty practical person, so if I don’t see a huge use for something I skip it. Let your guests know when the time has arrived, because that is one of the best parts of a reception. For showers, I’ve noticed that people generally don’t eat a lot of cake, but if you have cupcakes, or even mini cupcakes they are much more likely to get eaten. Besides you don’t want a lot of dessert hanging around after a shower because you’ve got a dress to fit into in just a few weeks. Send the leftover desserts home with the guests.

No comments: