4.21.2010

Check with the Office

I have lived in one apartment where we were allowed to change things on the walls. Many times you are not allowed to paint and the nails going into the walls have to be minimal holes (think push-pin size). We lived in a place that had the most horrific wall paper. Bird houses and ivy leaves suffocated you, I took down all the wall paper-then told my landlord. She just about had a stroke (I guess wall paper is expensive) I was willing to take on the fee though it was that bad. Luckily I jumped right in and said if they provided the paint I would paint our apartment. She was grateful to get free labor and I was grateful to get rid of the leafy tree top changing room. It was a win-win but it could have cost me a lot of money, I should have checked first. (Good thing I didn't :)

No comments: