3.03.2010

Two Main Family Companies

Do you ever feel that there’s not much difference other than the name and packaging for cosmetics? That’s because there may not be. Here’s a look at these two companies and what they own.

Estee Lauder, Inc. owns: M A C, Jo Malone, Aramis, Inc., Aveda Corp., Stila makeup, Jane Cosmetics, Estee Lauder Cosmetics, Bobbi Brown Essentials, Clinique Laboratories, Inc., Donna Karen Beauty Products, Origins natural Resources Cosmetics. Interesting to note: in 1943 Estee Lauder launched her company with a line of six products.

L’Oreal S. A. owns: L’Oreal Cosmetics, L’Oreal Paris, Biotherm, Giorgio Armani Parfums, Helena Garnier, Kiehl’s. Laoratories Garnier, Lacome Paris, Maybelline, Ralph Lauren Parfums, Redken 5th Avenue NYC, Vichy, Soft Sheen Products.

3 comments:

The Katzbox said...

I had no idea that Estee Lauder owned Clinique!!! Or Bobbi Brown!!! They always seem to competitive, and I'm sure that they are. They must be different divisions and I imagine they compete within the company. Hmmmmm....interesting.... I wonder if they have the policies regarding animals testing, etc.

Mommy Tips said...

I am totally an Estee Lauder girl! All of my favorite brands are owned by them! woohoo! Go MAC!

April said...

That would make total sense... I love MAC, Aveda, and Stila. I never put all three of those together until now.